Welcome to our Pre-Primary 2016 class blog! We are very excited to start this new year sharing and exploring our world with you through this space.
In this blog, we will be posting photos of our daily activities, important events and information for parents to access at any time.
Iona PS views the classroom blogs as 21st century online publishing spaces, which provides an authentic platform to share students’ learning, photos, and work with parents, community members, and the wider world. Classroom blogging enables parents to view and comment on their children’s classroom learning activities. It also helps students improve their literacy and ICT skills, enabling them to learn about appropriate online behaviours through conn citing and sharing with authentic global audiences.
Keeping our students personal information private is our utmost priority. The following blogging guidelines have been established to help protect our students as they learn how to safely and responsibly connect and communicate online.
- Students will only be identified by their first name
- Students will not publish personal details about themselves, including their surname, phone number, or address in blog posts or comments.
- Students will not be individually identified in photographs or videos.
- Students blog posts/comments will be checked by the classroom teacher before they are published on the blog.
- When commenting, parents are asked not to publish their surname, so as not to identify the children in the class.
Posting of students work, photographs, and multimedia will be subject to parental opt out, as outlined in the Iona PS ICT Agreement, available on the school website (http://ionaps.com).
If you have not already, please subscribe (on the right of this page >>>) to receive automatic notifications of new posts in your email inbox, eliminating the need to check the blog on a regular basis.
Enjoy browsing and please remember to leave us a comment! 😊